Friday, June 6, 2014

Friday Focus - Tim Holtz Stamps

Hello and welcome to today's Friday Focus! It's Sue here and as you will have seen from the title today I have the pleasure of focussing on Tim Holtz's stamps. I decided to create something that was all about the stamping and I have to say I had a great time too!

Newsflash - Last time we let you know that we would be extending the time given to each Friday Focus discount to a whole fortnight. Well, for scheduling reasons (and for one time only) the Friday Focus 15% discount will be applied to all Tim Holtz stamp sets for the next 3 WEEKS!!! And remember, as all Tim Holtz items are already sold at a discounted rate at The Funkie Junkie Boutique those prices will never be lower. Check out the Friday Focus tab at The Boutique to grab those bargains.

And now to my project...


I started by die cutting 5 arches using Tim's Arch Frame die from white card.


I then put some Distress Stains (the colours I used are at the bottom of this post) on my craft sheet and spritzed it with water and 'swooshed' the card through it. I am never disappointed with the effects of the Distress products they always create really cool results!


I then got a out a selection of Tim's stencils and using Gathered Twigs Distress Ink I stencilled over each piece. I used the cap from my water spray and black acrylic paint to create the circles, and the black dashes are created using a silicone wedge tool dipped in black acrylic paint.


Then I started to stamp! On the first panel I used the large flourish from the Fabulous Flourishes set with black acrylic paint. The border is from the Classics #3 set and is stamped with black Archival ink. The sentiment is from the Merchantile set and is mounted on foam pads.


Panel number 2 has also been stamped with the flourish and paint, I've also used the butterflies from the Papillon set and the honeycomb stamp from the Mixed Media set. The hot air balloon is a rub on from the Remnant set and I've used Chit Chat stickers for the words.


Panel number 3 (my favourite one!) has again been stamped with the flourish and the honeycomb. I've also used the alphabet stamp from the Merchantile set and the key from the Classics #3 set. The bottle and hand are from the Merchantile set too and have been cut out and mounted on foam pads and I've added a couple of Chit Chat stickers.


On panel number 4 I've used the flourish, the alphabet and the honeycomb stamp. The Fleur de Lys is cut using the Mini Fleur die and I've stamped on it with the alphabet stamp using Gathered Twigs Distress Ink and added a number brad to the centre. The diamonds are a rub on and the main text is from the Merchantile set and again I've added a couple of Chit Chat stickers.


For the last panel I've used the stars from the Merchantile set, the clock from the Curiosities set and the background text from the Classics #4 set. The crown is die cut using the Mini Crown die and I've given it the same treatment as the Fleur de Lys. To finish I've added the Chit Chat stickers.


This is the final project, I die cut 5 more arches from thick card board and stuck them to the back of each panel sandwiching some seam binding between the pieces to attach them all together.

I hope you've enjoyed today's Friday Focus on Tim's stamps and remember, with that extra 15% discount off for the next 3 weeks there has never been a better time to stock up! Find them all at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.

Sue
x


9 comments:

  1. Absolutely fabulous Sue! Each little panel is a work of art in itself! Amazing backgrounds and you gave managed to enhance them even further with your gorgeous stamping! Love this project!! Great step by step too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnificent Sue! Love the mix of stamping and delicious inking on this. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Sue! The backgrounds are wonderful with the inking and stenciling and stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue... You did a fabolous job on these arches. Such a gorgeous mix of texture, stencils, stamps, chit chat stckers and so much more. Really creative. I'm happy to see this project. Really inspiring !! Thank you for sharing !!!
    Hugs from SPAIN

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue this is Fabulous! Love the colors and the stamps and the stencils--Everything! Wonderful inspiration to take us into the weekend with!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous swooshed inky colours, and absolutely stunning stamping, Sue. Love the use of the rub-ons too... And now I'm going to see whether my willpower will hold out against those price reductions...
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue, I totally adore your gorgeous backgrounds, inking, and stamping techniques! What a masterpiece you have created!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enticing me towards my craft table...!

    ReplyDelete