Thursday, October 20, 2016

Guest Designer - Shilpa Nagaonkar

Please welcome our Guest Designer for this Halloween challenge.  Say hello to Shilpa Nagaonkar of Neon Diary who was the Design Team's favourite for the Thing with Wings challenge.


"Thank you to the Frilly & Funkie Blog Design Team for inviting me to join as a guest designer. I live in India, Country of various Colours !! I get lot lot of inspiration from our Culture and traditions.

I am a mixed media artist love to make altered art, canvas and art journals and there is always paints and inks on my hands. I have created Halloween theme canvas for Zoe's this fortnight Vintage Halloween Challenge."



"It was fun to use Tim's Crazy Cat stamp on this spooky creation. For the background I stenciled cobweb texture with Ranger Gloss texture paste. To bring on colours on canvas, I used Distress paints and sprays (Carved Pumpkin and Wilted Violet). Fall leaves are stamped and cut to adhere. Haunted house is die cut from Rickety House Bigz die, which I colored with Wilted Violet distress paint, after it dried I applied Tim's Crazing medium to get that cool crackle texture. I loved how it turned out. Hope you will like it too."

Thanks again Frilly and Funkie team for having me today!"


* * *
What a great mixed media Halloween project Shilpa has created. If you want to get more details about her creation just pop over to her blog and then we would love it if you would come on back and share your Vintage Halloween project with us. You have lots of time because the challenge is open until November 1st at 11:55 pm EST.

5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous piece Shilpa! You have really put the spook in spooky with that witchy cat! lol. Love the vibrant colours and all the fun foliage too! Thank you so much for being our guest designer today, it's an honour to have you here with us! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to see Shilpa here, and what a fabulous Halloween creation. I love that haunted house, and the colour contrasts are glorious!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant Shilpa!!! I love the beautiful bright colours that give the sky a real glow and your quirky Halloween cat looks right at home with his haunted house. Thank you so much for joining us as a guest designer here at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'm loving the vibrant colors and wonderful layers in this gorgeous canvas! I can almost hear the leaves rustling. This is such a fun and whimsical piece, and just loaded with artful details. Thank you so much for being our guest designer! I'm a huge fan of your lovely mixed media creations. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful & fun spooky scene. Love the texture in the background and the fantastic pile of leaves you created around the funky cat! Thank you for Guest Designing with us at Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete